View Single Post
Old 26-01-2005, 21:43   #1
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Discontinued! Grr!

Why on earth is it that shops/manufacturers discontinue things which are successful?

Just over a year ago I bought some bath edging seal as part of a plan to redo the bathroom. The job was a bit daunting as it involved re-adjusting the bath in it's location which in turn involved removing the curved panel (it's a corner bath) which is cracked and I couldn't track down a replacement and was afraid it would break altogether once removed so I wasn't going to start the job until I could see a way to complete it properly.

Recently Busman undertook the job and was making progress until it came to the final stage of sealing the bath edge (between bath and wall tiles) and we could do with a bit extra.

The system itself was a brilliant one, with corner fitments and end plugs and no mitreing required. We were just short of a bit of the sticky stuff to go on the back. Went back to Homebase where I originally bought it and where at the time they had had a whole range of the stuff in different colours etc only to find that it has now been discontinued and in its place is the stupid plastic on a roll type thing that Betterware sells and which a friend of mine has been spitting feathers at because it won't stick!

The system I bought is/was excellent and we shall use it despite not having enough sticky stuff, we'll use silicon instead, because it is far superior to the replacement.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web