Thread: Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2005, 09:28   #18
markuze

Re: Suggestions?

My sis is in a similar situation. She went to connections and it kinda runs like job seekers only they get 'training' alegidly. They help u find jobs to go for to train for which sounds good on paper only she found herself being the new 'dogsbody'- I know everyone has to start somewhere right but she was treated like dirt and found herself hanging up clothes all day- you would of thought she would be trained on the till or something but no. To add insult to injury she got pittens- less than JSA for it- its the new slave labour I'm sure. Ok individual case but just be weary is my advice. Shes a bright girl only she messed her GCSEs up now she so regrets that! She is now looking for work under her own initive- at least she will get a normal wage- even if its a part time cleaning job or something instead of the training rate, until Sep where she will start college where u can retake GCSEs i think its a yr course which will give her more of a start hopefully. Asda and express gifts tend to take people on from Sep-crimbo as need more workers.
markuze is offline   Reply With Quote