Thread: S t 1000
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 18:20   #147
Alvin the chipmunk

Re: S t 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I do think this could have been handled better.

I didn't like the secrecy around pricing and I think there was a marketing opportunity missed.

Season ticket for the price of 10 games sounds like a hell of a bargain doesn't it?
Agree completely. Having enrolled on a course necessary to keep my job which will involve me spending all day in Salford alternate Saturdays I was worried about the value of my season ticket. But I am now guaranteed to make more than 10 games. Especially with the multitude of Friday night fixtures now planned.

We have tried being cheap and were for a time the cheapest in the 92. The folk of Hyndburn didnt respond. Regardless of the price the majority feel no attatchment emotionally to the club and will only have their interest piqued by a winning side.

Accy is unique in that if you go to another football league town those who support other sides will still wish the town side well. A sizable amount of Accringtonians, especially the younger element of Sky Sports supporters, actively DISLIKE Stanley. I have it from a reliable source The Calder in town erupted when Stevenage scored v us in the play-offs. The perception is that Stanley somehow think they are better than they are...which isn't true at all. Regardless of the division we are in they crave victories. Hence Farsley at home in the 7th tier 00/01 attracting more than a home tie against a Premiership side last season.

It has taken us 9 years and we are slowly making inroads such as fixture signs. Why aren't these at every entrance to Hyndburn? I think the free season tickets should have had £5 accompanying adult entry to the first three games too to get the adults involved/hooked. A lot will not take up due to adult apathy.

I approve of the new pricing structure. £3 will not deter the few walk ons we have if they genuinely want to go and we will coin it from the large away followings of Pompey et al. The message going forward is simple. Get a season ticket or flexi ticket or you'll pay away prices.