View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 20:38   #148
g jones
Senior Member+

All The Best To You Graham

We are talking about an inquiry going back decades. Can't see it happening today. Begs a question about nostalgia?

I refused to sign the 3rd party inquiry not because I didn't want an inquiry but because they wanted to bounce people and it was unclear what options were the best (judicial of non judicial for eg), the scope and direction, ie wandering off in wrong direction, investigating individuals and accidentally compromising their potential conviction (police job?) or parliamentRy inquiry about collective responsibility. Whether it would run for years, a year or months? Lots of fair questions that needed answers before going further. Also needed to make sure innocent people weren't named and destroyed because people want names.

Of course they said I didn't want an inquiry because I didn't sign THEIR petition which was untrue and for an organisation supposedly seeking the truth rather spoilt their credibility. Signing up to such an org doesnt sound a good idea to me even if the cause is worthy. Some MPs signed it just to get them off their backs. Surely that can't be right either?
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote