View Single Post
Old 21-07-2014, 21:16   #40
bdc

Re: £20 for a match

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
walk on prices SHOULD have been announced at the same time as season tickets and flexi tickets to give people all the information they need or want in order to make an educated decision.

£20 walk on at Accrington is an absolutely shocking decision and will come back to bite us on the arse.

I love my club but rarely get chance to get on due to work or finance restrictions and £20 a game is a nail in the coffin for me. I understand the marketing ploy is to incentivise the bulk buys and reward the regulars in order to maximise the away fan (or irregular home fan) BUT I personally would like to see a far greater effort going in to persuading the irregulars to attend more often. Sitting round a table and discussing figures, or offering 3for2's etc isn't an offer to attract irregulars - they need a plan of some sort.

Good luck this season Stanley.

Agree with you.

Pricing is wrong for walk ons and flexi tickets. They are geared towards season ticket holders and away fans only, that means the club will potentially be losing out on walk ons and flexi ticket sales. All money into the pot counts at the end of day and the more bums on seats the better.

Walk ons could've been £17 pre purchased and £19 on the day to catch out away fans to get more money that way. Flexi tickets have increased 50% when it should've been around £130 (30%) which would save £6 per game potentially. To get 13 free games on early bird season ticket prices is a big amount, normally around 6-8 games for other clubs.

We ask for more people to come to games as their second team but then we shoot ourselves in the foot with daft price increases. Why not offer something along the lines of a half season ticket so when Burnley are away they can attend games at Accy? This is one way of marketing tickets at local rival supporters to increase walk ons.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote