Thread: Burnley today
View Single Post
Old 26-07-2014, 19:22   #7
football19
Senior Member+

Re: Burnley today

Come on Redraine you must be on a wind up !!!.
It's the poorest I have seen Windass,granted he strikes a good ball,but you obviously don't watch the game when they had the ball !.
Even his corners were at best average.
You can't float about and wait for the opposition to turn over possession,you will get punished.
Never saw his win a tackle or header(although he spent a lot of time adjusting his hair band !!!)
Now the positives,he's a good player and hopefully he learns from today in terms of winning battles,then letting his talent shine.
Interesting trying Hunty in centre mid,did a lot better than I expected,but we missed joycy (probably windlass did as well )
Burnley were a lot tougher opposition than blackburn,hence my comment on winning battles.
Buxton and in particular Atkinson were immense and blunted there attacks.
The keepers kicking game was average,indeed I nearly caught three and I am in the main stand !!
Good workout but if you leave two men up top,someone has to tuck in or we become out numbered in the middle,again this caused young windass numerous problems with lads running off him and getting at the back four.
Agree about Brett tho,we need that hold up player.
We held them reasonably well until all the subs come on which always has an effect until they get up to speed,thought the young cb did well along side Tom,and the trialist left back seems to have something about him.
Competition all over the field now,happy days
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote