View Single Post
Old 27-07-2014, 15:29   #53
Gordon Booth
Senior Member+

Re: Windows XP - will you use after April?

Well, I finally gave in to the inevitable a couple of weeks ago and bought a new PC with Windows 8.1. Goodbye XP, goodbye old Dell..
It's so much quicker and 8.1 is OK to use with the XP style opening. Mind you when I start going into the 8.1 menus I pull out in fear! Something to try on the cold wet days of winter.
I got the shop who sorted my old Dell problems out to build it, they cleaned up the rubbish on the Dell, transferred what I wanted onto the new one, added a few useful bits,brought it here and set it up for me. Handy if you're a numpty like me.
A couple of friends said I should go for a laptop but when I looked at theirs they were plugged into a proper keyboard and a big monitor so I didn't see the point. I like my big monitor and proper keyboard,I've got the space and I think you get 'more bangs for your buck' with a PC, no miniaturized bits involved and he spec'd it ready for an upgrade if I fancied it. My tablet gives me the portability I need, long gone are the days when I was doing Powerpoint presentations and needed a laptop, thank Heavens.
So happiness, long live 8.1!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote