View Single Post
Old 31-07-2014, 06:16   #58
Gremlin
Senior Member+

Re: Windows XP - will you use after April?

I bought a new Toshiba desk top PC last year after having laptops for ages.
It is almost like a King size tablet, 23 inch flat screen, about two inch thick with remote mouse and keyboard. I hardly ever use the touch screen, it is harder work leaning forward to touch it than it is to use the mouse. Apart from the fact that the screen kept getting bits of chocolate biscuit or salt from crisps stuck to it. The good thing about a desk top PC is that if you knock your can of grog over (God forbid) it wont get ruined where as a laptop may do.
I think it's the same with every thing new that comes out, once people get used to it they forget the old stuff.
Don't forget, if Mr W.Gates and his buddies don't keep upgrading the software so folk can rush to be the first to have it how will they keep making millions of bucks.
Apple is just as bad bringing out new phones, having spending all night shivering outside the store then spending half a grand on a new one the customer gets home and can't find the difference.
Rant over, turn over and back to sleep, I only got up to go to the bathroom but couldn't resist a peep at the forum on my bedside iPad.