View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 21:45   #43
g jones
Senior Member+

6th Worst Area In England

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
has anyone else noticed that just after an election crime is never an issue and certainly not a big issue to MPs but as soon as it starts to get nearer to election time crime becomes a hot topic.Whta iv notice happens is that the opposition usually points out how high crime figures are then both the main party say what they wont get around to doing to sort crime out.

i think the first 3 years of a MPs term is spent running around after trivial matters and lining his or her pockets and the last year is spent trying to scare the crap out of us so they can reassure us they will make it all better if elected with a few false prommises for other things sprinkled on top

the only crimes that have been got tougher on as of late are speeding and not paying your taxes which of course are both good money earners for the government.
A story I did made the front page of the DM back in 2011 in response to Clegg's 'prison doesn't work'. I also led campaign against metal thieves that changed the law .. amongst other interventions.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote