View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 21:22   #4
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Well done Hyndburn Parks dept

While you are undoubtedly right Neil......I really think that many of the parks are under used.
People(and I know this is a generalisation) often fail to value the green spaces which are dotted about the borough.
The up keep of these parks is an enormous task.....and I know that you know this.
There have been cutbacks in many vital services.....and I would hazard a guess that the upkeep of parks in the area is of a low priority.

How can this situation be overcome?
Would it be feasible for the parks to have sponsors......businesses that would be willing to invest capital in improving the paths....or other facilities within the park?
Could some of the work that is needed be done by those on community payback?

I really don't know what answers to these questions are.....but what ever the failings of the current system, the volunteers who work tirelessly (with limited funding) powered by goodwill and the desire to improve the local environment should be congratulated for their work in keeping the green spaces as good as they can make them.

I give them my thanks for what they do...and add my admiration for their efforts.
Well done.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote