Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Telephone tormentors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
some of the older phones that will take an old sized sim are fetching pretty good money for what they are on ebay with some more desirable models fetching up to £200 or more becuase people are fed up with constant interuptions from adverts, sociall media and email etc.
That just shows how stupid people really are. All those features can be turned off on an Android phone that costs less than what they are paying for an old phone with a naff screen. Some smaller basic Android phones even have batteries that last a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i don't think of myself as old and im pretty much more clued up than most teenagers with tech but i don't half cringe at how easy teenagers especially those under 18 hand over so much personal information just so they can install an app that doesn't do anything of great importance or need
When I posted the pictures of the kids with the fire in the park a few weeks back I posted them visible to everyone, usually I post to just friends or maybe friends of friends. When they were named I was amazed how much stuff I could read about 3 out of the 4 kids on their facebook pages because they have their settings so open