View Single Post
Old 16-08-2014, 19:30   #26
smudgie
Senior Member+

Re: Cheltenham Town Match Thread.....

Well my two pence worth......

Gutted, dejected, worried are more or less my 3 emotions after today.

Make no mistake, the scoreline flattered us. We could and should have lost 4 or 5. Exile more or less sums the game up rather well. We never looked like winning or snatching a draw for that matter. As for the last minute, Naismith really needs to take a look at himself after that. To chip a penalty when your club is pointless really is a ridiculous thing to do.

As for the positives........... Young Simpson really has proved himself as the number 1 keeper after today. He made 2 magnificent saves, particularly the 1 in the 1st half was world class. Well done young man. Beatts has found a gem there, that's for sure.
Mingoia and Bowerman both made a big impact when introduced. Hopefully we see more of George as there is no doubt he can be an asset. Also thought Atkinson was brilliant today.

As for the negatives............. Everybody else really !! Kind of sums up my feelings. Alabi looked lethargic and slow and for me is WAY off the pace/ fitness required to the play at the moment. Again we looked slow in midfield. Hunt/ Windass doesnt look the right pairing, in my personal opinion. Hunt has played all his career at Right Back. Why change him now??? .... But who else can we play there??? Buxton maybe??

Worrying times that's for sure
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote