View Single Post
Old 24-08-2014, 10:35   #19
Redraine
Resting in Peace

Re: Luton Town Match Thread.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Not too sure about Lynch - some good stopped don't get me wrong but he was slow to come off his line and slow across the ground when he did - the defenders were but under pressure a few times when the keeper could have sweeper up to prevent it.
I don't agree with that, Sam. He was off his line like a rocket several times to bravely dive at the attacker's feet! He also has a great kick on him but it was a pity we didn't have anyone to latch on to them and hold the ball up, so too many times their enormous no.5 just returned them with interest. Many on the Clayton end, me included, were imploring JB to use one of 2 centre forwards as subs in good time to have any effect, but to no avail. When Hunt came off at a snail's pace when subbed, and the goalie didn't show a bit of urgency with his kicks it seemed they were under instructions to play for the draw, which was very frustrating at the time, but in retrospect a point is, hopefully, something to build on. People criticized young Windass for wasteful finishing, but show me any other of our midfielders who get into shooting range and have a real go. I'm confident he will come good given time. Finally, I thought Atkinson was MOM and for me, his pairing with Tom is our best CB option. Agree with other posters that Hunt is all at sea in midfield and the sooner the scales fall from JB's eyes the better!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote