View Single Post
Old 24-08-2014, 11:23   #21
football19
Senior Member+

Re: Luton Town Match Thread.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I don't agree with that, Sam. He was off his line like a rocket several times to bravely dive at the attacker's feet! He also has a great kick on him but it was a pity we didn't have anyone to latch on to them and hold the ball up, so too many times their enormous no.5 just returned them with interest. Many on the Clayton end, me included, were imploring JB to use one of 2 centre forwards as subs in good time to have any effect, but to no avail. When Hunt came off at a snail's pace when subbed, and the goalie didn't show a bit of urgency with his kicks it seemed they were under instructions to play for the draw, which was very frustrating at the time, but in retrospect a point is, hopefully, something to build on. People criticized young Windass for wasteful finishing, but show me any other of our midfielders who get into shooting range and have a real go. I'm confident he will come good given time. Finally, I thought Atkinson was MOM and for me, his pairing with Tom is our best CB option. Agree with other posters that Hunt is all at sea in midfield and the sooner the scales fall from JB's eyes the better!
It's difficult for me to comment on CB pairings,but I can see why they paired Tom and Rob as there threat was ariel and not pace.
I know we don't agree on much but Rob MOM ?,how did you come up with that,he lost nearly ever header against benson !!!,for me the keeper was MOM.
As a side question,of all previous games Tom and Rob played together how many wins or clean sheets have they had?.
Both good players,but if you play them ,for me, you have yo have pacy defensive fullbacks as they are very similar type of players .
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote