View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 09:51   #23
dotti34

Re: T T T Tourette's

Accyexplorer, you are probably right in that people with Tourettes would not want pity- but I’m sure they would appreciate some empathy regarding their condition and a bit of consideration regarding something they have no control over. They would not appreciate being made fun of.

How magnanimous of you to say they are ‘still normal folk’. Of course they are normal folk, they don’t need you to tell them this.

As much as some sufferers of a disability are able to make light of their affliction and poke fun at themselves, they are the only ones who have the right to do so. They have my full admiration for being able to deal with it in this way but I am sure given the opportunity they would definitely prefer not to have a disability.

I ask you this, how would you feel if someone close to you was a sufferer of Tourette Syndrome and you saw or heard them being ridiculed, I doubt you would see any funny side to it. You certainly wouldn’t be laughing at their uncontrollable actions, however much they may ‘swear, squeak and click’. I guarantee your thread on Accyweb would be very different to this one.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote