View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 13:16   #25
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: T T T Tourette's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There is a big difference between pity and respect......and if it were normal then we would all be doing it.

If there is a way to be humorous about a disability, then it is a very fine line.....and I think that the only people who can poke fun at disability are those who are themselves disabled.....or less able.
Being provocative will get you no brownie points. I thought you had learned that from your past experiences on here.
I agree, it's a very fine line indeed M, I disagree that the only folk who can make humour out of comedy envolvong disabilities (or "poke fun at") is those that are disabled or "less able" (even if they are understandably more in tune with the subject.)
I knew this was going to be a touchy subject for most folk, but i still (wrongly by the looks of it) thought it worthy of being kicked around a bit on here. I wasn't after brownie/friendship points,likes,karma etc (you should all know that by now).
Seems I've still a lot to learn M

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote