View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 22:02   #18
deeayess

Re: Paint pot Attendance: 818 (with 282 from cufc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
The FA should either back the tin pot trophy and increase its exposure, maybe give the tv rights to a terrestrial broadcaster, increase prize money, subsidise entrance fees, etc
Or
They should kill it as at the moment most teams use it to give their reserves a run out until the late rounds.

Personally, they should kill it.
It is a joke trophy, embarrassing seeing Wembley 1/4 full in March for the final, and most football fans never mind the general public couldn't tell you who recently won it, when the final was played, etc.
It's a reserve team cup.
When has Wembley ever been just 1/4 full for a final in this competition? Have they added extra capacity taht we dont know about as the crowds look decent for this level of competition given the prices at Wembley

List of Football League Trophy winners - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last time I went to a final in this competition it was the Sherpa Van final and only 80000 fans bothered to go.

I wouldn't care if Wembley only opened one section for us, if it was the chance to see Stanley at Wembley I, and probably many others would be there like a shot happilly paying the ridiculous amount they charge.

Some teams might not have many fans but the chance to watch them at Wembley is special and rare unless you're a Carlisle or Stevenage fan due to mickey mouse competitions
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote