View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 11:50   #9433
mobertol
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
A mixed bag today.
Firstly, Turtle mentioned graveyards as a subject for IR photography so I managed to snatch a few minutes in the old Altham Church yard.
Earlier I had been to my mates and his neighbour has a very large house, I didn't realise that half of it was an old barn dating from the start of the 16th century. Inside it is not allowed to be altered in any way and all the roof and beams are original. From the outside you wouldn't know what was within. I been going for twenty years and never guessed what it was.
At her request, no outside photos.

Finally, this creature was knocking at my door looking for food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Gremlin these shots are amazing! Each one I opened was even better than the last. You've really got something here. The barn is wonderful too. Thank you
I agree! Great selection of photos and the barn looks really impressive. My favourite is number 1 though - I love the mellowness of the old stone. It's a favourite church of mine. Number 3 is quite eery!
Nice one of Clayton Hall too on the later post.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote