View Single Post
Old 15-09-2014, 09:08   #36
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley's next manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Thats not true Ozzy, they did achieved their target at southport which was to avoid relegation.
Please go onto port chat, they will tell you JC transformed the team and only due to his fall out with the chairman, is the reason he left.

Likewise at Sligo, he arguably gave them one of their greatest victories with a win over Rosenberg. Again, he kept them competitive and has received praise from both the local press and fans.

The only thing people can throw at Coley in his long career is his experience at Rochdale; he took over them in the relegation places and they stayed there.
In my book, its never a bad thing to get a scum bag club like Rochdale relegated.
If you think one seasons play offs is sufficient for them to come back, fine. But for years we were relegation dodging with them at the helm. They left because they had taken the club as far as it could be taken (their words not mine). Why can't all Stanley supporters dream of doing a little Wigan or the previous incarnation of Wimbledon who struggled for years in the 4th division and eventually got to the promised land of the Premiership. Granted neither are there now. That is my dream certainly. No I stick by what I said, JC and JB, thanks but no thanks. If you think keeping Southport out of the drop zone is successful and then leaving because they could not get their own way, carry on. Beating a team from Norway that even Stanley on their day could beat, so be it. Not what I deem as successful. On Rochdale, look what Keith Hill has done for them.
Whatever happens and whoever takes over the helm at Stanley, they will have my backing

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote