View Single Post
Old 31-01-2005, 14:13   #20
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: An easy way to commit suicide...lol

I have a little story to illustrate something similar.

I am a Sunday school teacher for the 10-12 age group at our church and my "Sunday bag" contains all manner of things from chalk and blue tack to visual aids etc to make the lessons interesting.

A little while ago whilst our church was being decorated we had several Sundays where we met in a school building. This was great for most of the classrooms as they had chalkboards etc but the women's group met in the school library and that was somewhat lacking in facilities.

I'd been seconded into there to join them one week for a lesson and I had my "magic bag" with me. Someone had kindly brought in a mobile chalk board but there wasn't any chalk - cue my bag, from which I produced a packet of chalk. Then of course we needed to rub out what we'd written and again in my bag there was a duster. Someone wanted to pin up a poster and into play came my bluetack. Then we were going to learn a song but the lady teaching us said it would have been much easier if we'd had a piano - from my bag I produced a miniature 2 octave keyboard so we had music.

At the end of the class a few people said what a long wait they would have for a bus as they'd just missed one and they weren't very frequent from there on a Sunday to which somebody piped up "Ask her - she's probably got one of them in her bag an 'all!"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote