Thread: School items
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2014, 07:37   #29
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: School items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
I find it strange that a guy who allegedly touches a womans breast for 10 seconds 20 years ago, said woman being well able to fight back mind you...gets dragged through the courts as an abuser..yet someone who chucks a 3x2 at a defenceless childs head and splits it open, someone who drags a defenceless kid across a room by the ear, hits a young girl so hard he knocks her glasses from her face...well thats ok, because they are educators..and because the justification for giving this kind of neanderthal punishment to our children is that everything goes to ratsh1t if you dont.
Well, looking at the way children have gone over the years where no authority of any description has been exerted, society is definitely not improved by the lack of discipline.
There are no deterrents to bad behaviour, either from parents or schools.

Not so long ago I was on a bus when a group of school children got on.
They were in uniform, swearing and generally behaving in a very anti social manner.
Did anyone check them? No, they were allowed to continue being rowdy.
I rang the school to tell them and a more disinterested person would be hard to find.
When I was at school(yes OK, it was a long time ago) we were told that while in uniform, we represented the school.....and what people saw would be how the school would be judged.

My experiences tell me that times were better when there were boundaries which were clear to children.....when parents taught their children basic manners and instilled respect for themselves and others.
Whatever deterrents were used back in the days when I was growing up seem to have been more effective than what is currently being used.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote