Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Well I never?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Too much PC bs ... what a kid eats is a parenting thing; no business of the school at all. The only time a school should show concern is if the kid is obviously not getting enough to eat.

I ate school dinners ... and they would turn the stomach of a crow ... oh, and I played conkers without supervision, or a helmet and safety goggles.
I would agree with you on that except when you look at the childhood obesity figures

Quote:
The latest figures, for 2012/13, show that 18.9% of children in Year 6 (aged 10-11) were obese and a further 14.4% were overweight. Of children in Reception (aged 4-5), 9.3% were obese and another 13.0% were overweight. This means almost a third of 10-11 year olds and over a fifth of 4-5 year olds were overweight or obese.
That came from here Child Obesity :: Public Health England Obesity Knowledge and Intelligence team

Should the authorities ignore these figures or try to do something about it? I'm not saying the way they are going about it is right because some of the things we hear about is stupid like plastic cake. Would be better to have no cake at all than a plastic one.