View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 11:08   #35
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Toy trains....hmmm

chuff chuff ........chuff chuff

I know a fella who is obsessed (if that's the right term) with his model train set (having a bit of fun with Less is just a bonus to starting this thread).

He's not "obsessed" to the point he has to have one in his pocket at all times but he bangs on about strips of green fabric and how much each train of his costs more than other hobby enthusiasts I've had the pleasure of meeting.
I guess its one of them things 'i just don't get',I get the liking of trains part,even i like the sight of a old steam engine now and again (its even been known for me to get the odd drop of adrenalin (as a child) as it passes by,but it doesn't last long).Model trains don't seem a particularly cheap way of watching something go round in circles for hours.In my childhood I preferred scalectrix personally but that had the tendency to get a little tiresome after a while,I guess like most interest's there ok in moderation.

I prefer even toy trains in comparison to playing on a Xbox/PS4 (yes Restless i'm looking at you ).
Why? well the problem with a lot of modern gaming is that someone else does most of the work for you. If I play Halo 11, the story is always going to end the same way,even games that try to offer a pseudo 'choice' (cough cough Fable) cannot break out of this.
There's simply no comparison with something that requires a little imagination

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 08-10-2014 at 11:10.