Thread: Coca-Cola Life
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 20:37   #9
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Coca-Cola Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Surely sugar is a natural sweetener Margaret?
Of course sugar is a natural sweetener.....are you trying to be fly?

The difference between sugar and stevia is that it has no calorific value.....which may or may not be important to you.
The other thing about sweeteners is that although they are not sugar and have no calories, they still affect the blood sugar levels......so for type 2 diabetics they still should be used with care.

Stevia does not have the effect that sugar and other sweeteners have on blood sugar levels.

The other thing about some sweeteners is that the metabolites from them are turned into a formaldehyde type substance in the body.
Formaldehyde is the stuff that pathologists use for pickling specimens...not something that you want to introduce into a living body.

I am pretty sure if you have googled stevia, that you know much of this stuff.

When I used to go out on my travels to Oz I always brought stevia back with me...I have used sweeteners in my hot drinks for more years that I care to think about.......and this is my sweetener of choice.

I cannot abide aspartame, acesulfame, sucralose, I will not buy drinks which are sweetened with them.......and sometimes if I buy a drink while I am out and I have a sip I can tell right away if any of these sweeteners are in my drink.

Check out all those drinks that say 'No Added Sugar'...you can bet your neck that they will contain one of the sweeteners that I have mentioned.

Many foods have been sweetened using these artificial sweeteners.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote