View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 12:23   #8
Tealeaf
God Member

Re: Monroes Rave Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Not that I wish to be rude mate but the place had no license for alcohol, operated under the pretence of being a club for younger people, was rife with drugs, had regular violent incidents and above all plays crap music (yes, crap i.e no talent whatsoever, if I compared hard house to television it would be a gay version of the teletubbies but I suppose that's beside the point).

What I'm trying to say is that Monroes was a "Chav" haven which encouraged idiots to run riot and take the ****, generally bringing the area down.

So as far as I'm concerned all the scum that went there can go back to drinking on street corners..
Well said, Wez....I don't think anyone had any illusions about what this establishment was. There is an argument that at least it kept the Riff-Raff (or should I say Chavs) in one place; now they'll be back on the street corners - hopefully, not yours or mine. However, allowing a place like that to continue - which, following the due process of the law would have happened - would simply have legitimised the criminal activity. Sometimes there is an argument for taking the law into your own hands.

I trust the Lancashire Constabulary will not be committing too many of it's scarce resources in investigating this incident.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote