View Single Post
Old 31-10-2014, 22:12   #57
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: A Morecambe trick or treat match thread.

Great result for the STANLEY!!!!!!........
3 Points and level on points with tonights opponents
It was certainly a"GAME OF TWO HALVES".
STANLEY were superb in the first half and Morecambe could not have had cause to complain if the score had been 4 - 0 to us at half time!!!!
The second half was sooooo different! I said to my daughter and friends around me that Morecambewould come out like a different team and that we would have to weather the first 10 to 15 minutes.
However, it all went a bit pear shaped with yet another injury to one of our keepers!

Simpson didn't look too confident as he took his place in the goal and his first job was to pick the ball out of the net!

However, he did improve more as the half went on but he did keep over kicking his kicks upfield with a strong wind behind him!
For much of the second half we could not get posession of the ball and when we did we could not keep it!
Despite this we did have some good chances and we could have put the game well beyond Morecambe
Six or seven minutes to be added on seemed ok for the injury to Jorronen and others but the Ref played 9 MINUTES over in total!!!!!!!!!
I have to compliment the STANLEY ULTRAS tonight who were absolutely MAGNIFICENT.
We all sang and cheered for the whole 99 minutes!
This must have been a massive boost to the players and they and Coley showed their appreciation at the end!!
On about 80 minutes we had a couple of corners and I can remember Ellison, (without his puddle!) defending their near post but looking up at THE ULTRAS in AWE as the volume swelled and we tried to induce the ball to go into their net!!!!!
Ellison was a good help to us.... what with shots well over the bar and being offside a lot!!.....Numpty!!!
All in all .... a good result and we continue to climb the table!!
ON STANLEY ON

Last edited by choirboy; 31-10-2014 at 22:22.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote