Thread: Chavs
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 13:21   #25
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: Chavs

I suppose that would be morning sickness, would it?

Seriously though, I have to agree with Darby on this. Over the last forty years or so there has been an appalling drop in standards of behaviour and civility. We have all seen it. The main cause is the dreadful standard of education offered in schools. Kids of my generation were not taught how to behave themselves in public, and they in turn have passed that lack of knowledge on to their children who in turn have passed it on to the current generation of school children. Every generation becomes a little more ignorant, rude, obnoxious, selfish and inconsiderate, until you have todays crop of stalwart citizens whose only thought is for themselves. Who believe that the world owes them a living and who will scream and scream and scream until they make themselves sick if they don't get it. Who do not understand that the good things in life come at the cost of hard work.

Blame for the current situation must also be placed fairly and squarely on the shoulders of the capitalist system; "Live now-pay later", Sell eveything you have to buy this product, and the next, and the next, ad infinitum, ad nauseam! Because you are not cool if you don't posess more gadgets and gee-gaws than any sane rational person would know what to do with.

There has got to be something wrong with a society that is willing to pay a pound for a drink of water that is no different from the stuff that comes out of the tap, and all because it is in a cool shaped bottle or some half-witted celebrity has been seen drinking it. There is one from the makers of Lucozade currently being advertised on tv claiming to be more hydrating than water. Do they think we are all stupid? Well, I guess that enough of us must be to make the expenditure of millions on marketing this water profitable.

I am now going to go and repeatedly bang my head against the wall in frustration.