View Single Post
Old 22-11-2014, 21:45   #17
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Time to fleece the 'U' 's ?..Cambridge Thread !.

A great result for the STANLEY today....3 points and a win against a Cambridge team who clearly like to get the ball down and play good football. Our boys had to be patient and got into the game gradually after a strong opening by 'The U's'. Pierro was superb and displays all the traits of a player that every manager could wish for..... EFFORT and ENTHUSIASM, A WILLINGNESS TO HARASS OPPNENTS WHEN DEFENDING, GOOD SKILLS AND BALL CONTROL, CREATIVITY GOING FORWARD AND A WILLINGNESS TO SHOOT WHEN IN SIGHT OF GOAL!
Yes, Pierro deserved his two goals and I think he should have been awarded MAN OF THE MATCH too!! O'Sullivan ran him close for the M o M award in my opinion for his strong attacking runs with pace and he was a leading force in our victory today. I think that O'Sullivan could be playing first team football for the Rovers before the end of the season although I really wish that we could sign him on permanently!
Captain Luke Joyce had a good game too and our defensive back pair of Aldred and Atkinson were like rocks!!!
I thought that McGuire didn't look fully fit today and was somewhat off the pace. I noticed that he was carrying some heavy strapping on his left hamstring. He only really sprinted hard on a couple of occassions and seemed to be a bit limited in what he could do. No doubt that he too, like O'Sullivan, has the class to do great things though. Young Jack Rose is looking the part in goal. At 19 he looks a good bet to play in the Premier League. He is confident and decisive and catches crosses and corners well. When he fully develops his adult physique he will be a real classy keeper!! Crooks up front looks like he has the physique and potential to be a top striker but I think Jimmy Bell will need to get to work on his sharpness. Crooks reminds me of Micheal Symes when he first came to the STANLEY... Micheal looked a bit lethargic and slow to begin with but with the 'Jimmy Bell' training he sharpened up and became a truly great player, albeit briefly, for STANLEY. Matt Crooks could do the same!
The referee was a mystery to me, (not for the first time as we have seen him before). He must have got 40% of the decisions re goal kicks/corners wrong today!
Anyway the right result came true in the end and STANLEY continue in good form to move up the division.
The ULTRAS were strangely quiet today...
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote