Thread: exeter game
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2014, 18:52   #47
deeayess

Re: exeter game

I would presume it is an attempt to get non stanley walk on fans who have complained the prices are too high and so don't go to attend.

Any committed Stanley fan who hasn't got a season ticket or a flexi ticket should be committed as they would be paying no more than £15 per game anyway and less than that if they bought a season ticket or a flexi when it was £135. I bought a flexiticket and I live 150 miles away and I might even need another as I've only 2 left.

Another thing is the rule that you can't charge away fans more than home fans so if Accy fans were included so would exeter fans. If the club reverted to £15 for every one then it might not have the desired effect. I remember Bury did something similar for an international weekend where season ticket holders of other clubs got in for less as I got it with my Rangers Season ticket. This idea is easier to administer.

I don't like friday games as I can't make them but I thought the reason for playing was to attract fans of other clubs to go. I'm sure the club would appreciate any suggestions on how to generate more money from the gate as I'm sure the financial position is as precarious as ever. I have been critical of the prices when they were announces at the start of the season but I could see why they did it. I can see why they are trying this as well as I met a couple at the ground on Saturday who came, saw the prices and went to the pub.

As a Stanley fan I may grumble about the price but I know that the club need the money. If I was going to a different club on a day out and thought the price was too high I would go to the pub too. Watching a random game is fine at the right price but not when I've no real interest in the teams playing. How many of us paid extra at that Darlington game when we needed the money, how many season ticket holders paid again? Our crowds are poor, we need the money so we need ideas to get people in. If Man U fans that wouldn't have gone give us £15 then that is a bonus. Same goes for any other fans.

I'm sure that if we can come up with better ideas that will raise money then the club will look at them but I can't think of any and many more crowds like Hartlepool may lead to real financial problems.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote