View Single Post
Old 30-11-2014, 19:42   #37
VALAIRIAN
God Member

Smile Re: V Exeter City Guess the Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
At the risk of scratching a healing wound, can anyone venture an assessment of the success or otherwise of the "£15 in a funny shirt" experiment? 1285 (excluding the Exeter fans) sounds a bit better than might have been expected for an evening game with an early start, given recent attendances ........
No problem Chimer mate, I just thought that I would wait until asked

The gate was bigger than you would expect for this fixture on a Saturday, but Friday night has a bearing. There were a few more children on, this can be attributed to the earlier kick off.

On the shirt promotion, we had around 50 supporters from Clarets, Rangers, Liverpool, Rovers, Everton, United, Bolton, Wigan, Newcastle that I can remember. Of these, around half might have come anyway, but half were not coming, or had never been

We took over £600 from the 50, so I reckon over £300, plus around 25 on the gate.

Will this mean we can put a bid in for Messi – no, but it is a step in the right direction.

If we could increase the gate by around 50 every game, we would double our gate in a season – if only it was so simple

Yeovil up next, in a must win game

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote