Thread: Yeovil Game
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 12:53   #59
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Yeovil Game

Should have been about 5 - 2 to the Stanley yesterday!
We must learn to be more 'clinical' in front of goal!
The ref was another 'numpty'........Should have been at least two penalties... one to each side!
Accoring to the BBC we had 63% of possession and many more attempts on goal and corners. We only committed 9 fouls to Yeovil's 17 even though it was not a dirty match at all. The Yeovil right back must have fouled Naismith at least ten times and wasn't even spoken to by the Ref, (never mind a yellow card!) Almost every time Cal faced up to the full back, one on one, the full back simply charged into him and pushed him in the chest. Cal is not strong enough in these situations and so he finished up sat on his bum a lot with his hands out wide claiming for the free kicks, which should have been given. Cal needs to learn that division two is quite physical and he must learn to 'lean in' to these types of tackles in order to 'ride' them! The 'defo' penalty claim was another where if he had been stronger then I think he would have scored anyway!
Lots of very good things yesterday...Rose, Lidds, Tom and Rob, Pierro were all outstanding.
Procky looked a bit out of sorts even before his injury which I think he picked up when he nearly scored, (after 30 something minutes).
Shay was lively and threatened more in the second half but perhaps he should have put away the header that scraped the post late on. Had O'Sullivan been playing then I think we would have won easily.
Still, we are in the draw for the 3rd Round and I do believe that we are more then capable of beating Yeovil on their own patch. A 'good draw' could be just the incentive for our players to put the ball in Yeovil's net!
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote