Thread: Fa cup
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 08:51   #68
lancsdave
God Member

Re: Fa cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
That's true in terms of regulations, but they would be allocated the Coppice End plus the Cowshed so that there are seats, so that will be over 2,000 given our official capacity of 5,057.

Fulham were given 1,200 tickets and there was still work in place at the time on the Whinney Hill corner, plus the Coppice End was extended the following season IIRC.

My point is that, if we beat Yeovil, there is no way that we can guarantee that the tickets on general site at the Club are bought by Stanley fans (our only current means of controlling the reserved tickets is via the list of season ticket holders and shareholders). If we say that a ticket retained from the Wycombe game will enable the holder the right to buy a ticket to the Man Utd game, it should ensure that we have two sell-out games rather than one.

I would also make it conditional on entry to the Wycombe game (i.e. people are given a token or voucher at the turnstile when they hand over/buy their match ticket) rather than a token in the programme ... we would face the huge financial cost of printing 5,000 programmes or face the potential chaos of running out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
What about Fans who live away then Dave ?

I went to Carlisle, will be going Yeovil, Portsmouth & the Wycombe Game (but not Burton).

Would mean I wouldn't get one

All hypothetical I know, but wouldn't be easy for the club either way.

Be a nice problem to have though WHEN we beat Yeovil.
You're right, there is no ideal way, my suggestion was half real, half tongue in cheek because of the refund issue .

Loads of complaints about people not getting tickets would be good in a sad sort of way, because that means game on