Thread: Black dog
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 03:10   #23
accyman
God Member

Re: Black dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
There is no requirement for vets, Police, Highways Agency or whoever else to scan a found dog to try and alert the owners it has been found live or dead. This will still be the case when compulsory microchipping comes in (next year I think)

This is an interesting read about microchipping Vets Get Scanning
personally i think they should have to notify owners

when my sons dog went missing he was devostated and despite me not living with him or having anything to do with the dog at all it was me who spent weeks looking for the dog even though with the time of year and the extreem cold i had a good idea it was either stolen , taken in by someone who decided to keep it or dead but you cant really say that to a 7 year old

surely it cant take too much effort to notify owners when their dogs are found dead it not only gives the owner closure but could help in some way to catch people who steal dogs so they can be used to train illigal fighting dogs.

i thought the whole idea of chipping a dog was so that owners could be found it shouldnt matter if the dog is dead or alive if an owner has been resposible enough to chip the dog teh least that can be done for them is to say when its been found regardless of its state

im not what you would call an animal lover either theres just wrong and right and not notifying owners of their pet been found dead is wrong

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote