View Single Post
Old 13-12-2014, 18:56   #48
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: Pompey Match Thread...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Can't wait for Chimer's thoughts on today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
Think you may have to wait until tomorrow....evening
Well seeing as you asked . I might just have a few later .... but I've got to run around on a hockey pitch tomorrow afternoon

Hard to know what to say after watching an away win .... first since Barnet in the Cup replay .... and Mrs C's first since Woking!!

Fabulous start and the Pompey fans booing their side after the second one ... bit more composure for a while then and they'd have really started getting stick. Pompey's first goal just rolled gently into the corner, the second a lovely lob, but once Rosey slipped it was a lost cause. Then when we missed the penalty it suddenly felt as though a draw would be a good result .

Start of the second half 4-2 down looked like it would be a good result , but we worked our way back into it and suddenly we're in front with 12 minutes to go! And after that it was "they shall not pass" - hard to tell from 120 yards how they didn't, but who cares? Certainly some great keeping in there all the way through the half.

MoM - Piero by a short head from Rosey. I felt for Joyce taking that penalty in front of the Fratton End - I'm sure he'd have scored at our end. And having been following the Crooks debate on here, have to say I was disappointed to see how easily he was eased off the ball - especially as he was the only Stanley forward who wasn't a foot shorter than the Pompey defenders.

A great day - but ....... the effort from the Ultras in support was immense, but why oh why the gratuitous foul language? You might notice the rest of us tend to join in when you're just being funny, or supportive, but shut up as soon as the effing and ceeing starts. Mrs C and her friend were disgusted, and I was embarrassed, for them and all the parents with kids who made up part of the 84. And to the muppet who found a new word for prostitute in his dictionary this week, and used it every 15 seconds in the first half, including directing it specifically at an individual female Pompey fan in the nearest section of the North Stand ...... get a life, mate.