View Single Post
Old 18-12-2014, 17:50   #1
Eric
God Member

Plus ca change ...

By the way, it's not really all that French. The phrase is, and I checked this out, commonly used in English "particularly British English."

And before the groans start, this is not just yet another marijuana thread. What pees me off, is that it is, in all probability, a passel of lies based on faulty research ... bluntly, a crock of horse manure. What bugs my ass is that my tax dollars are being spent on neat looking ads addressed to those who are likely to vote Conservative in the upcoming (2015) general election. It's political propaganda. If the money to pay for it were coming out of the coffers of the Conservative Party of Canada, no problemo. But it's being funded in part by almost law-abiding, pot smoking, center or slightly left voting citizens. Now, it might go over well in Manyberries Alberta ... but in Van and TO? I don't be thinking so.

Ok ... so your taxes aren't involved; but I'm sure, without checking, that the same sort of shiite happens on that side of the pond. I realize that governments are political parties representing only a plurality of those who cast votes; but, as parties they should pay for the peddling of their biases. Ads warning against the dangers of pot are polluting the airwaves over here merely because the leader of the party that will probably win the next election is in favor of, at least, decriminalization. Not only in war is truth the first casualty.

"Reefer Madness" is alive and well ... in fact, the movie is probably still part of the curriculum in schools south of the Mason-Dixon line.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web