View Single Post
Old 20-12-2014, 17:06   #18
football19
Senior Member+

Re: Wycombe match thread

Shows how far we have come recently when I am disappointed with a draw against the league leaders who have a tremendous away record.
I thought after ten minutes,was the weather affecting the game as Wycombe were dominating second balls and pressing us with ease,although in reality they only had one shot on target in the first half and scored a worldy.
The weather did effect the game IMO as we were fantastic in the second half and really should have won 4-1,how their keeper kept out two of the attempts is a mystery.
We knew how Wycombe have been playing 4-1-3-2 so our full backs had to tuck in,but they had two class fullbacks and wingers to spread the play two.
We really had to work hard to get out to them and that battle was worth the entrance money alone.
For me Atkinson was superb,not only in contact areas but kept his position and shape.
First half we did miss the attacking focal point,but I am nitpicking now,the second half performance as good as anything in recent weeks,despite mid week game/injuries/illnesses etc..they deserve a pat on the back
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote