View Single Post
Old 21-12-2014, 17:04   #57
FrankMoody

Re: Wycombe match thread

Some interesting posts after this game.

On the subject of booing i was in the main stand and did hear some.shouts of derision when Crooks was waiting to come on but they were directed at Coleman rather than Crooks. Also Murphy got a good round of applause when he came off.

I do think Coleman's team selections and substitutions have cost us in the last few games. Yesterday a prime example: Carver started Tuesday and Windass came on as sub, both left out completely yesterday in favour of players who Coleman hasn't played for weeks. I thought our 'front four' were really poor for much of the game, McCarten especially for me is like a broken clock - does something right twice a day! The 4 of them looked knackered after an hour, but Coleman leaves it until a couple of minutes to go until he brings on Crooks. Why not Mingoia who apart from Tuesday has been on fire. Why not the forgotten man Gray who is still top scorer?

Obviously Coleman is an experienced manager but personally I think the last few weeks have exposed the tactical weaknesses and stubborness that explain why after nearly 20 years in management hes reached the heady heights of mid-table League 2!!
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote