View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 23:33   #33
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: Brain washing the kids

It doesn't bother me how people choose to dress. It would only bother me if they objected to the way I dress or insisted that I should dress their way if I didn't want to.

I don't mind that people speak different languages, but I do feel irritated when everything has to be translated in preference to them learning the native language of this country because we have never done that in the past. Other immigrants have adapted and made the effort to learn English.

I do think that if people choose to live here then they should respect the laws of this land and live by them.

I don't think that people who incite hatred towards any section of the population should be tolerated let alone supported by the Welfare State, whoever they are.

I didn't see that black hatchback and I'm glad I didn't. I like to think that on the whole most people around here live in harmony. If the police saw that then they should have put a stop to it.

I do remember a hooha about a petrol station serving "Asians only" but the petrol station which my late husband and I used was run by an Asian gentleman and he let us in to fill up ahead of "strangers" whatever their race because we were regular customers so I suppose everyone had their favourite customers and dealt with them differently.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote