View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:19   #35
Busman747
Always EVIL within us

Re: Brain washing the kids

Well said Chav!
Most people feel the same and that includes those of a different origin. What a pity the likes of Ifty no longer take part in our discussions. His views are valued and the thoughts of the Asian community are what is missing in these debates.

One of the problems is that Asians are very slow to get involved with the community. I have on three occasions gone to my "step-daughter to be's" school to watch an activity that they have obviously worked hard on. The school has a 90%+ Asian attendance and yet I find that only 1 or perhaps 2 Asian parents turn out for their children. Likewise, I joined a local W.M.Club in Willows Lane and despite being in an "Asian" area, all the members were caucasian I know that Muslims do not drink alcohol (mostly) but it is a social event prevelent in the U.K, and a good selection of soft drinks are on sale!

The same applies to the Accy web, We have members from all over the globe that contribute to the site.....but where are the Asian voices??

The point I am trying to make is that the Asian community seem to want to keep themselves isolated rather than trying to intergrate with the British way of life and the P.C. Brigade are telling US that WE are wrong and THEY are right!!