View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 06:41   #36
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: Brain washing the kids

Years ago I used to work with a chap who was born in the Ukraine. He was taken by the Nazi's at fourteen years of age and put to slave labour for IG Farben in Germany. At the end of the war his own country did not want him to return and offered to execute him as a traitor if he did. So he was offered asylum in this country and came to work in the coal mines in Accrington. On his arrival he was told in no uncertain terms that since he was in Britain he was expected to speak and behave as we do and if he did not like it he was at liberty to leave. He worked hard, joined the Union, married and had a family and you would not now know anything about his origins if it were not for his surname. And, I might add, a nicer person you could not wish to meet. I am sure that many of the post war refugees could repeat a similar story. Indeed as a Catholic I went to school with the children of many refugee households, so I know this to be true.

All of those children were taught in ENGLISH, were expected to communicate in ENGLISH and were not allowed dispensations of any kind to accommodate their ethnic origins. They were treated no differently from any other child and they prospered in exactly the same way as the rest of us.

I see no conceivable reason why it should it be any different now? I have no argument with providing a safe haven to people who are fleeing persecution. It is something that we should always be willing to do and marks us out as a civilised society.

I do however have the gravest reservations and I object strongly to having the nature of the society into which I was born and grew up being forcibly changed to accomodate the fads, fancies and often barbaric behaviour of people who are merely on the make, people who have no wish to integrate and who do not wish to be British, except when it suits their purposes.

The Government should bring an immediate halt to further immigration into this country. It should take steps to identify, locate and deport any person who is here without leave. And it should put in place the legal requirement for all persons of foreign extraction to be proficient in the language within one year of entry.

Is that racist?

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 06-02-2005 at 18:20.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote