View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 20:43   #10331
davemac
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Today in Pictures, it was more than a moist gusset.

1. Its a walk down to the Calder from Memorial Park.
2. So here I am sitting on the bank with my boots just dipping in the water, it was only after getting up that I realised the frost had thawed where I made contact with the bank, so bum and the back of my legs were just a bit more than moist.
3. The sun at this time of year is low in the sky giving false sunsets as you go downhill.
4. The river is just below the tree line and the Nab just over the hill.
5. This is where it all went wrong. Looking around, no one was in sight, so down on the floor I go to get a low shot, and to be able to see through the viewfinder my chin is in the frosty grass and I am motionless, taking the shot. Suddenly I hear OIY, some poor bloke had ambled up thinking he had found a corpse, you try explaining what you are doing, they just don't understand.
6.With a now wet front as well, I climb down the bank for a bit of a wet bit shot.
7.As the frost never lifted down here my pants are now starting to freeze, and I am starting to walk like Douglas Bader.
8. I decide to head uphill as the temperature feels like it is dropping, and you could strike matches on them now.
9. Almost back to the car, so one last look at Pendle.
10. As the sky was getting a bit tasty I thought a quick look from the tops, so parking up in the lay by that was once called New Inns I gingerly get out trying not to let my pants touch my legs and things. The sky was a pallet of reds and oranges, snapping away trying to catch the changing colours I am aware of someone walking past me, and yes you guessed it, it was the bloke that caught me horizontal, we smiled at each other and as I carried on snapping he vanished into the sunset I was snapping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC3488.JPG (373.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3512.JPG (449.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3528.JPG (350.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3533.JPG (373.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3602.JPG (473.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3620.JPG (388.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3643.jpg (201.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3650.JPG (333.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3689.JPG (410.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3718.JPG (361.9 KB, 14 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote