View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 11:33   #355
AccyMad
God Member

Re: Impossible headlines..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
If only that was always the case, Accy Mad. Many, many miscarriages of justice have occured over the years, some of which have cost lives, and not just loss of a livelihood. I'm no cheerleader for Evans but if you read the transcript of his trial you would have to agree that he has a reasonable case for appeal, and that explains why he cannot be expected to apologise to the claimant. There is also the question of evidence which was unavailable at the trial. I.e., postings on Twitter which were deleted by the claimant but which are still showing on servers in the USA
These suggest that she was set on a course of entrapment by "landing a big one this time" and " and "going to get 2 pink Minis".
I know there are many miscarriages of justice Redraine, what got my goat was the suggestion by the poster that Ched Evans' sentence had been reduced because there was some doubt as to his guilt - my point was if there'd been any doubt in the jury's minds he wouldn't have been convicted in the first place.
There maybe some room for controversy in that verdict but until (if) it is overturned I do not think he should be able to return to football - then again I felt the same about Lee Hughes & that goalie, McCormick? & they seem to have been allowed to pursue their careers - indeed I think Hughes thrives on the stick he gets from opposition fans about it, sick in my mind!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote