View Single Post
Old 16-01-2015, 16:19   #5
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Walking Football - With Accrington Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
This is great news. I can recommend Walking Football. I've been involved at Weston-super-Mare for the last six months. When you are up and running (oops, walking ), how about matches, home and away, to coincide with home games? I can promise you there is a lot of interest in Stanley amongst the Weston lot. As I always play in a Stanley shirt, I was soon given the nickname of "Stan".
The image of myself in any shirt of any colour, attempting to reconcile my prosthetically supported undercarriage with kicking a doggone football fills me with dread RR !..
My GP, when I rang him to check this afternoon stated quite categorically that in his opinion I was in need of yet another Psychiatric assessment by virtue of simply giving it some consideration !..BUT I applaud the venture and will be along to watch the efforts of friends involved in the pastime!..no jeering from Alfred.E and I guaranteed !.

PS....It must be a bit chilly around your nether regions if all you wear is a Stanley shirt !...
but I suppose it will prove to be somewhat of a bonus for the watching masses ?..
Stan the Man ....???.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote