View Single Post
Old 17-01-2015, 19:52   #23
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Team for Tranmere

As Cashy said..."At least the pies were good! ".

I think that I asked after the Carlisle game where the goals were going to come from ?...and after today's good chances were squandered by basic errors from our frontmen, I came away with the same thoughts !.
Sorry F19 if I welcome you back with what might pass as a little 'bitching' but I also feel that as well as a couple of Strikers we are, after today's abysmal efforts from the team as a whole, missing a good Coach or two !. I can't really believe that they have trained all week to produce a performance lacking in cohesion and desire as we witnessed at Prenton Park.
The defence were lacking their usual firm shape which has seen them so successful at supporting each other,. The midfield were outplayed and out-skilled, thus resulting in constantly making mistakes and putting the beleaguered defence under pressure with misplaced back passes !. And I still maintain that under their present Captain they are practically leaderless !.
I don't wish to enter into the debate regarding JC's abilities or lack of these, but if today,s showing is the best his coaching can produce at this vital period in the current Season, then it is, sorry to say,frankly not good enough !.
" Looking towards the play offs ", is a mantra heard from our Management a team. My final thought as I left the ground this afternoon was that " Looking towards a win sometime" is sadly what the truth will be unless some real Soccer application is taken up at Accrington Stanley.

PS... I thought the Goalkeeper had little chance at stopping the goals and will do well for us.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote