View Single Post
Old 17-01-2015, 21:53   #41
DAV007
Senior Member+

Re: Team for Tranmere

well

the positives -

Tranmere's entry price and catering, reasonable prices and meal deals, take note other clubs.
Odejayi & Donnelly - best 2 players on the pitch
Joyce - though he did well and carried Proctor

the negatives -
Aldred and Atkinson - both awful today, not just defensivly, there distribution at times was horrific
Conneely - not a left back. Some players are one footed but have a limited use of the other foot; not Conneely, he is very one footed.
Proctor - lost all of his battles, poor postiional sense, looked a yard slower than everyone around him.
Maguire - didnt get much service, but what support he did get he never looked threatening.
Tactics - We clearly set up incorrectly as Tranmere changed their game from the Morecambe draw. However, when it was clear Conneely at left back would limit us and that the formation and tactic was not working, the failure to change it was poor.
I havent got a problem with getting it wrong, but I have got a problem with a failure to change it.

The most annoying thing of all is the failure of our attacking players to take their chances. At the very least, we should have scored 1 goal. The worst part of tranmeres team is the defence and we did not exploit it.

And some of the so called fans on this forum are a disgrace.
When we where losing game after game at home playing hoof ball under Beattie , those of us who dared question the manager where shouted down and told to get behind the club.
This is not colemans team, this is Beatties team.
Please support the club and stop being so stupid, the players had an off day and the manager has come out and admitted he got it wrong.
Beattie never admitted he got it wrong.
The manager also pointed out correctly our defending for the first 2 goals was shocking.

Its no secret I dont rate Atkinson, and the guy did nothing today to prove me wrong.

And why has no on mentioned the penalty we should have had which was clearly in the area or the referee booking Aldred for nothing?

We have got to start taking our chances. While I can see Maguire is a good player and will make it as a football league standard of player, I cant help think he is a luxury at times.
In some ways I am please he has gone to give others in the squad a chance and potentially bring in a more physical presence on loan up front.

Last edited by DAV007; 17-01-2015 at 21:55.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote