View Single Post
Old 25-01-2015, 21:50   #81
deeayess

Re: Team -v- Wombles

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
At least you always try to talk football FA19......which at this juncture comes as an oasis of sensible debating in a desert of chaotic sideswiping and, at tmes, a fruitless pursuit of oneupmanship !.
Seeing that practically every thread seems to arrive very quickly at this unfriendly and uninteresting exchange of criticisms makes me wonder what motivates them ?.
A Forum is an entity which does allow a free flowing of ideas and opinions as everyone seems to agree with, but shouldn't it be judged by the quality of the contributions posted thereon ?.
This thread started out with some really good footballing points about the game but ended up going downhill in the end. People at the game have opinions which may differ especially depending on the amount of drink they have had, not mentioning any names but it could be me , but most are worth listening to. People not at the game can also form opinions based on what they have read or seen in highlights. you can also get some good natured banter but you can also get some rubbish.

All forums depend on good and robust moderation and this forum sees the least regulated that I am on. This is not a criticism of MrT as he stepped into the breach when nobody else would but most threads these days seem to descend into disarry. I may be as guilty of this in the past however since putting a certain poster on my ignore list I hope this is no longer the case.

I think we all would like to see sanity return to the forum but how do we achieve this?
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote