View Single Post
Old 26-01-2015, 17:17   #90
football19
Senior Member+

Re: Team -v- Wombles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Mmmmm. Interesting. I have a worry that this is blaming defenders for goals conceded. Do the stats include details of goals conceded because midfielders or forwards have given away the ball as a result of a poor pass or weak challenge or being out of position?

Are stats available for positive work done by defenders? Last-ditch tackles? Even successful tackles? Headed clearances? Accurate passes out of defence?

Can stats cover problems such as possible hesitation or errors caused by constant change of goalkeepers?

I wasn't at the game and have not seen the highlights but I notice the criticism of Liddle apparently being out of position. Why was he? Had he been making a justifiable attacking move? If so, where was the cover?
As always seem good points.
Your correct in that most coaches,when a goal is conceded,look firstly at were possession was turned over and it could be the centre forward not holding the ball up etc..
My observations are based on tv highlights and recalling what I saw at the game.
Sometimes the highlights differed from how I first saw it !!!
Everyone seems to have their favourite players,but I try to be unbiased and objective.
I do agree as well that highlights sometimes don't do justice to a players performance,but I have set out to analyis goals conceded during a season ( sad I know).
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote