View Single Post
Old 28-01-2015, 06:56   #140
Jeg Red

Re: Bury Match Thread

Just seen Colemans's post match interview and, whilst most of it is fair, I thought some elements of it were unnecessary.

Sometimes singling players out for praise or criticism is helpful and motivational however in the cases of Macey, Gray and Aldred I don't think it is.

Macey has come here for experience and game time. Give him your view on whether he should have come for the cross forr their goal in private. Gray's effectively been told his style of play doesn't fit in to what the manager's trying to do and he should have left the Aldred comment at 'yes, he's injured'. No need to add 'draw your own conclusions'

It's obvious John's disappointed after the result, however, he's reached a stage in his life and career where he should be a little more self aware of how he reacts and what he says publicly. Send Jimmy out to do the odd interview or give himself 10 more minutes to compose himself and work out what he will and won't say in these situations and how others may react to it - the fans, the players themselves.

I know we need a focal point for the attack and I want him to tell me what he's doing to solve it, not confirm what I can see

On the game, thought draw would be a fair result, albeit did feel they carried a bit more threat in their attacking play.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote