View Single Post
Old 28-01-2015, 10:14   #148
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Bury Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I'm not against him making a general criticism, But singling players out should be a no-no, imho, fans will always do that on message boards, but managers should have more about em.
As I sat at the feet ( Well in the seat behind actually !) of FA19 last night, and revelled in his unfolding of all those tactical systems and nuances that my relatively untutored soccer brain
has been missing for years, An uneasy feeling came over me !...not the one that tells me that my regular visit to the Superloo in the Clubhouse is due, but one triggered by a suspicion that for some reason or other the Reds are rapidly morphing into one of those entities which the media like to describe as ' a struggling Club ' !.
I listened in to conversations which were overflowing with titbits of half-truths, inside information, and the usual harmless gossip !. This could have led me to believe that our Manager is useless as a Coach, a Motivator, and a Man and thus is ready for the walk up Livingston Road into Soccer oblivion !. Or I could have considered the notion that 'the Dressing Room' is a turmoil of discontent inhabited by players who are anxious to ply their trade elsewhere !.
Whatever was colouring my thinking, and to be honest distracting me from FA19's efforts to give me a more comprehensive insight into the game we both love, was the picture of a team
who again were second best to opponents who were to be honest no better in their play than themselves !...it was deja vu of Tranmere, and that was a poor performance !.
So where lies the answer to this dilemma which is rapidly developing into ' the losing habit'
Can't. blame a young Goalkeeper who is going to make at least one error per game. Can't really blame the dearth of Strikers in the squad,goodness knows these are few and far between, and, if gossip is to be believed,the Club couldn't afford one, if the availability came along !. Can't blame the Fans,last night's support was up to it's usual high standard !.
The worst thought last night was that a continuation of what I was witnessing could well lead to the fourth loss in a row on Saturday to a resurgent Northampton Town !.
Sorry if I appear to be a bit gloomy today, but as I have said previously, events at Accrington Stanley are giving me cause for concern.
The final insult emanating from my visit to the match last night, was when Chubbyman sidled up to me and had the bare-faced effrontery to accuse me of making a spelling-error in one of my posts!...now that really hurt !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote