Thread: Home Remedies
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 16:48   #25
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Home Remedies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You need to take regular doses of paracetamol, it keeps your temperature under control and relieves the muscle aches....if you do not take it on a regular basis then it cannot do a good job.
No-one takes paracetamol for fun, and there is absolutely no point in being a martyr to the symptoms when you do not need to.
The condition will have its time out but there is no sensible reason to suffer any more than you have to.
Thanks for the advice M, I bear it in mind.
I'll probably have another (250mg) paracetamol before bed.i know what your saying about regular dosage though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If you get night leg cramps (known as charley horse), I offer the solution.

Magnesium oil - not really like oil, but 'slippery water'.
It doesn't stain and dries to a white powder

The magnesium sinks through the skin and causes the muscles to relax.
The cramp eases off in minutes, so you wont spend half and hour limping around the bedroom.

Magnesium is a mineral essential to many bodily functions but produces loose bowels for some (me) - think Epsom Salts!

Skin absorption bypasses the digestion and provides the mineral without bad side effects.

You can make your own using epsom salts but I buy ready made and the largest size - I decant it into a small spray bottle kept at my bedside.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bronzeagenu...=magnesium+oil
Our peg swears by that Apple cider vinegar stuff as well as Epsom salts for her foot cramps,have you had any experience with it?
I've hear its a must for any home remedy kit.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote